Recently I taught a Heart Chakra workshop and created this handout that I thought would be helpful to share here providing some helpful information about the balancing your heart chakra!! Enjoy!
ANAHATA – UNSTRUCK CHORD
LOVE & COMPASSION
- Element: Air
- Color: Green & Pink
- Sense: Touch
- Sound: Yam, F
- Represents: Social Identity, Self- acceptance, Love, Compassion, Peace, Connectedness, Following Your Heart
- Body Parts/Organs: Breast, Heart, Lungs, diaphragm, chest, thymus, circulatory system, shoulders, arms, hands and ribs
- Basic Issues: Love, compassion, kindness, relationships, self- acceptance, forgiveness, hope, sympathy & empathy, balance giving & receiving.
- Emotional Issues: Cold, protected, unforgiveness, codependence, possessive, obsessive, fears about losing loved ones, grief, despair, jealousy, resentment, sadness. Feelings of abandonment and loneliness.
- Physical Issues: Heart failure, heart attached, asthma/allergy, lung cancer, bronchial issues, pneumonia, upper back and shoulder pain, breast cancer.
- Crystals: Jade, Rose Quartz, Aventurine Quartz, Watermelon tourmaline, ruby & emerald
- Essential Oils: Rose, Marjoram, Bergamot Neroli, Geranium, Ylang & Ylang
- Food: Green veggies (kale, spinach etc.)
- Universal Law: Law of Giving & Receiving
www.DRNORTHRUP.COM – The heart chakra is about emotional expression; the capacity to fully express and resolve anger, hostility, joy, love, grief and forgiveness; the balance of giving and receiving and nurturing of self, verses nurturing of others. Physical dysfunctions that can occur are: heart attacks, hypertension, chest pain, congestive heart failure, asthma, allergies, lung cancer, pneumonia, upper back and shoulder problems, and breast cancer.
GOAL – to create balance and harmony by giving & receiving, gratitude, experiencing compassion & unconditional love.
A BALANCED HEART CHAKRA
- Sense of compassion
- Feeling whole and a sense of unity
- Sharing and giving of ourselves as well as receiving
- Heart connection to loved ones
- Hope and inspiration
Activities - Volunteer, get a pet, watching romance movies, affirmation, crystals, yoga, practice self-love, giving & receiving, gratitude journal, exercise, essential oil bath with sea salt, meditate, heart sound frequency mediations.
- I AM ABLE TO EASILY GIVE AND RECEIVE LOVE
- I AM OPEN TO receiving HAPPINESS IN MY LIFE
- I AM TRUSTING, OPEN & GRATEFUL
- I forgive myself and ________
- i AM THE LIGHT WITHIN MY SOUL
- I AM A DIVINE BEING OF LOVE & LIGHT
QUESTIONS FOR SELF REFLECTION:
- How much do you feel connected to others? Do you smile at people as you walk by?
- What relationships in your life require healing?
- Have you allowed yourself to be controlled by the wounds of another? Will you let that happen again?
- What is your understanding of forgiveness?
- What fears do you have about being emotionally healthy?
- When was the last time you truly felt that “spark” or a deep connection with someone? Look back at the time and see if you can find the special things about that person or situation that made you feel that way.
- Do you judge others? Or are you compassionate? Do you accept others for who they are?